05 November 2009

When A Sponsor Goes Bad

This is my worst nightmare. Sometimes, a sponsor goes bankrupt. How dare they? Who cares about their jobs, their company when it's our money that suddenly stops flowing. I mean, really.

One of our sponsors, RRA, is having some trouble and a receiver has been appointed. Scott Rothstein (one of the R's) has allegedly taken all the firm's money and absconded to Morocco. Seriously. Who the Hell does he think he is? How is RRA going to pay their sponsorship to us? We're definitely going to sue. And how can they do this to me? Really. So what if they all lose their jobs? It's my money! MINE! MINE! MINE! Maybe if I get it, I'll get some more black duct tape for the carpet.

And I've found another source of revenue. Can anyone believe I didn't think of this first? The Washington Redskins are suing their season ticket holders who haven't paid even though they have no jobs and no source of income.

Of course now he's back from Morocco. I'm sure he's deposited a large sum of money in a bank there, which the authorities will find after he gives it up as part of a please deal. Unbeknownst to them, in a second bank, which the authorities will not find, he's deposited a much larger sum of money.

I better get a cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment